These chevron placement interview questions have been taken from cadets placed in Chevron.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are subjects and topics you are confident about? (I said Electrical and Electronics)
- What kind of practical experiments have you done in Control Engineering Lab?
- What is PID? Explain its working and purpose.
- Where have you used PID or have seen it being used?
- What are the different types of Motor?
- Differentiate Synchronous and Asynchronous.
- Tell me everything you know about Alternator.
- What are the different machineries used on-board?
- Tell me the difference between 4-Stroke and 2-Stroke Engine.
- What are the different kinds of emergencies on-board?
- What should you do if there’s an emergency?
- Why do you want to join Chevron?
- Why did you choose Merchant Navy and why specifically Engine department?
- Tell me your strengths and weaknesses.
- What was your rank in the previous semesters?
- What is your long term and short term goal?
- What will you do to eradicate communication gap on-board since there will be a diverse group of crew?
- How do you track the current scenario and developments of shipping industry?(I said that I check out the latest magazines from Library and maritime blogs in Social Media)
- So, tell me what’s currently going on?(I told them about IMO Convention 2020 and 2050)
- They found that I have participated in Transtech’20 from the college provided CV and they asked about my project and everything technical related to it. They also asked me how it complies with the IMO 2020 and 2050 regulations.
1. Tell us about yourself.
2. Brief introduction about your family.
3. Why Merchant Navy? Why Engine Side/Deck side?
4. Why Chevron?
5. Tell us about your Strengths and weaknesses.
6. How are you better than others?
7. For how long are you planning to sail?
8.You are a girl (specific question) , so what are your plans for the future(what about having your own family, marriage)?
9. Some Questions wrt your CV.
10. Situation based questions.
11. What is your long term goal?
12. Why should we hire you?
Technical Questions on topics:
1. Boiler mountings
2. Fresh water generator
3. Annexes marpol
4. Modular (Situation based questions)
5. Sewage treatment plant and regulations
6. IMO amendments for sulphur emissions
10. Electrical motor
12. Marine Engine
13. Oily water separator