For all services provided by The Indian MarinersContact us for privacy-related concerns
“Personal Information” shall mean the information which identifies a Learner i.e., first and last name, identification number, email address, age, gender, location, photograph and/or phone number provided at the time of registration or any time thereafter on the Platform.
“Sensitive Personal Information” shall include (i) passwords and financial data (except the truncated last four digits of credit/debit card), (ii) health data, (iii) official identifier (such as biometric data, aadhar number, social security number, driver’s license, passport, etc.,), (iv) information about sexual life, sexual identifier, race, ethnicity, political or religious belief or affiliation, (v) account details and passwords, or (vi) other data/information categorized as ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of data’ under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and / or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) (“Data Protection Laws”) and in context of this Policy or other equivalent / similar legislations.
Usage of the term ‘Personal Information’ shall include ‘Sensitive Personal Information’ as may be applicable to the context of its usage.
We may collect both personal and non-personal identifiable information from You in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when You visit our Platform, register on the Platform, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Platform. However, please note that-
- We do not ask You for Personal Information unless we truly need it; like when You are registering for any Content on the Platform.
- We do not share Your Personal Information with anyone except to comply with the applicable laws, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
- We do not store Personal Information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our Platform.
- Personal Identifiable Information: We may collect personal-identifiable information such as Your name and emails address to enable Your access to the Platform and services/products offered therein. We will collect personal-identifiable information from You only if such information is voluntarily submitted by You to us. You can always refuse to provide such personal identification information; however, it may prevent You from accessing services or products provided on the Platform or from engaging in certain activities on the Platform.
- Non-Personal Identifiable Information: When You interact with our Platform, we may collect non-personal-identifiable information such as the browser name, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each user request, operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We may collect and use Your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our Platform and/or the services/products offered therein: We use the Your information as collected by us to allow You to access the Platform and the services/products offered therein, including without limitation to provide customer service, fulfil purchases through the Platform, verify User information and to resolve any glitches with our Platform. The legal basis for this processing is consent or, where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Platform, and/or the performance of a contract between You and us.
- To improve our Platform and maintain safety: We use Your information to improve and customize the Platform and services/products offered by us. Further, we also use Your information to prevent, detect, investigate, and take measures against criminal activity, fraud, misuse of or damage to our Platform or network, and other threats and violations to a third party’s or our rights and property, or the safety of our Users, or others. The legal basis for this processing is consent or, where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Platform, and/or the performance of a contract between You and us.
- To communicate with You or market our services/products: We may use the email address submitted by You to communicate with You about Your orders on our Platform, our offers, new products, services or even receive Your feedback on the Platform or any services/products offered therein. It may also be used to respond to Your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please write to us at the contact information provided below. The legal basis for this processing is consent or, where applicable, our legitimate interests in the proper administration of our Platform, and/or the performance of a contract between You and us.
We do not use Personal Information for making any automated decisions affecting or creating profiles other than what is described in this Policy.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise exploit Your personal-identifiable information to others. Limited to the purposes stated hereinabove, we may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal-identifiable information regarding visitors and Users with our business partners and trusted affiliates.
- Limit the information You provide: You always have an option to choose the information You provide to us, including the option to update or delete Your information. However, please note that lack of certain information may not allow You access to the Platform or any of its features, in part or in full. For example: information required for Your registration on the Platform.
- Limit the communications You receive from us: Further, You will also have the option to choose what kind of communication You would like to receive from us. However, there may be certain communications that are required for legal or security purposes, including changes to various legal agreements, that you may not be able to limit.
- Reject Cookies and other similar technologies: You may reject or remove cookies from Your web browser; You will always have the option to change the default settings on Your web browser if the same is set to ‘accept cookies’. However, please note that some of the services/products offered on the Platform may not function or be available to You, when the cookies are rejected, removed or disabled.
In general, all Learners have the rights specified herein this section. However, depending on where you are situated, you may have certain specific rights in respect of your Personal Information accorded by the laws of the country you are situated in. To understand Your rights, please refer to the Country-Specific Additional Rights below.
If you are a Learner, you may exercise any of these rights by using the options provided to you within the Platform upon your login. If however, you are facing any issues or require any clarifications, you can always write to us at the address noted in the ‘Grievances’ section below, and we will address your concerns to the extent required by the applicable law.
- Right to Confirmation and Access: You have the right to get confirmation and access to your Personal Information that is with us along with other supporting information.
- Right to Correction: You have the right to ask us to rectify your Personal Information that is with us that you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to update your Personal Information that you think is incomplete or out-of-date.
- Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to restrict or prevent the continuing disclosure of your Personal Information under certain circumstances.
- Right to Erasure: If you wish to withdraw/remove your Personal Information from our Platform, you have the right to request erasure of your Personal Information from our Platform. However, please note that such erasure will remove all your Personal Information from our Platform (except as specifically stated in this Policy) and may result in deletion of your account on the Platform permanently, and the same will not be retrievable.
Remember, you are entitled to exercise your rights as stated above only with respect to your information, including Personal Information, and not that of other Learners. Further, when we receive any requests or queries over email to the address specified in the ‘Grievances’ section below, then, as per the applicable Data Protection Laws, we may need to ask you a few additional information to verify your identity in association with the Platform and the request received.
We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information or such other data on the Platform. Our disclosure of any such information is limited to –
- our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations (if any) that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on our Platform, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
- a response to a court order, or other governmental request. Without imitation to the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose such information where we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to –
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests;
- protect and defend a third party’s or our rights and property, or the safety of our users, our employees, or others; or
Your information including any Personal Information is stored, processed, and transferred in and to the Amazon Web Service (AWS) servers and databases located in India. We may also store, process, and transfer information in and to servers in other countries depending on the location of our affiliates and service providers.
Please note that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) privacy laws and that Personal Information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies, and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process.
If you use our Platform from outside India, including in the USA, EU, EEA, and UK, your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in India. By accessing our Platform or otherwise giving us information, you consent to the transfer of information to India and other countries outside your country of residence.
We will retain Your information for as long as it is required for us to retain for the purposes stated hereinabove, including for the purpose of complying with legal obligation or business compliances.
Further, please note that we may not be able to delete all communications or photos, files, or other documents publicly made available by you on the Platform (for example: comments, feedback, etc.), however, we shall anonymize your Personal Information in such a way that you can no longer be identified as an individual in association with such information made available by you on the Platform. We will never disclose aggregated or de-identified information in a manner that could identify you as an individual.
Note: If you wish to exercise any of your rights (as specified in ‘Your Rights’ section below) to access, modify and delete any or all information stored about you, then you may do so by using the options provided within the Platform. You can always write to us at the email address specified in the ‘Grievances’ section below
We may modify, revise or change our Policy from time to time; when we do, we will revise the ‘updated date’ at the beginning of this page. We encourage You to check our Platform frequently to see the recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Policy applies to all information that we have about You.